Oliphant is a full-service self-publishing company offering professional editorial, design and print services to UK authors and independent publishers. We are NOT a vanity publisher. What’s the difference?
We provide a turnkey self-publishing service that can take your book from manuscript to polished finished product in as little as two months, whether you are looking to publish a trade paperback, a quality hardback or an ebook you can sell on platforms like Amazon Kindle, Kobo and Apple iBooks.
Whether you have written a novel, a children’s picture book, a business guide, a local history book, a self-help manual or a memoir – or perhaps something else entirely – we are here to help turn your manuscript into a professional-quality publication.
You can take advantage of our complete self-publishing package, or you can select just one or two of our services according to your needs. Our services include:
- Copy-editing and proofreading
- Bespoke cover design
- Premade cover design: unique ready-made covers that can be customised with your text
- Page design/typesetting
- Photo and illustration sourcing where required
- Printing and binding
- Ebook creation
- PR and marketing
- Web design and social media services
What you will get
- A prompt and efficient service
- Full, comprehensive project management from manuscript to publication
- Copy-editing by an experienced editor
- Cover and page design by a professional graphic designer
- A finished product of comparable quality to those produced by established publishing houses
- No hidden fees
- 100% of all profits generated from sales of your book
- Free ebook version of your book with all printed publications
What you won’t get
- Sales call pestering if you request a quote from us or submit your first chapter for free copy-editing
- Upselling – we will always advise you according to your needs and best interest
- Guaranteed sales of your book (although we can help out with promotion and marketing)
- Royalties – as the publisher of your own work you own all books and receive 100% of the selling price on each, not a percentage
- Unauthorised changes to your text – you retain creative control at all times and will be asked to sign off on all amendments
Ten steps to publishing with Oliphant
- Contact us for a no-obligation quote.
- If you decide to go ahead, we will set up a consultation (by telephone or face to face) to discuss your needs and vision for your book.
- You send us your manuscript and any photos to be included.
- Your manuscript will be thoroughly copy-edited and returned to you for approval.
- The book’s ISBN will be ordered.
- The cover will be designed, along with sample page spreads, and sent to you for approval.
- The book is then typeset and pages sent to you to be checked.
- You will receive a bound proof copy of your book to approve.
- Your books will be printed and delivered to you.
- That’s it – you are now a published author!