Web Design for Authors
Professional WordPress websites for just £300
We now offer a web design service specifically aimed at authors. For £300, we will build you the following:
- A multi-page self-hosted WordPress website of up to 15 pages, branded to fit your author identity, which you will be able to update yourself.
- Pages to showcase your author bio, your books, news/blog, contact details and personal appearance events.
- Integration for your Mailchimp newsletter and social media accounts if you have them.
If you require a site with additional functionality, such as an ecommerce facility, please contact us for a bespoke quote.
What we would need from you:
- Please note we do not offer website hosting or domain name registration. You will need to arrange hosting and a domain name, and provide us with details of these in order to get your site live. For this we recommend Bluehost’s WordPress package (Basic plan), although we can work with any host capable of supporting a WordPress database.
- Links to your social media accounts.
- The embed code for your Mailchimp newsletter if you have one (we can talk you through where to find this).
- Your author logo if you have one.
- High-res graphics of your book covers.
- Your contact details.
- Your author bio and photograph.
- Your book blurbs and Amazon links.
For an example of an author site built by us, visit www.maryjaynebaker.co.uk